Jamieson Place

Neighbourhood

Jamieson Place

Location of Jamieson Place in Edmonton

Coordinates: 53°29′20″N 113°39′00″W / 53.489°N 113.650°W / 53.489; -113.650

Country
 Canada

Province
 Alberta

City
Edmonton

Quadrant[1]
NW

Ward[1]
5

Sector[2]
West

Area[3][4]
West Jasper Place

Government[5]

 • Administrative body
Edmonton City Council

 • Councillor
Karen Leibovici

Area[6]

 • Total
1.08 km2 (0.42 sq mi)

Elevation
690 m (2,260 ft)

Population (2012)[7]

 • Total
3,922

 • Density
3,631.5/km2 (9,406/sq mi)

 • Change (2009–12)
-1.3%

 • Dwellings
1,341

Jamieson Place is a residential neighbourhood in west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The neighbourhood is named for Colonel F.C. Jamieson.
The neighbourhood is bounded on the west by Anthony Henday Drive, on the north by Callingwood Road, on the east by 184 Street, and on the south be Lessard Road. The Anthony Henday provides access to destinations to the south of the city including the Edmonton International Airport.

Contents

1 Demographics
2 Residential development
3 Schools
4 Surrounding neighbourhoods
5 References
6 External links

Demographics[edit]
In the City of Edmonton’s 2012 municipal census, Jamieson Place had a population of 7003392200000000000♠3,922 living in 7003134100000000000♠1,341 dwellings,[7] a -1.3% change from its 2009 population of 7003397300000000000♠3,973.[8] With a land area of 1.08 km2 (0.42 sq mi),[6] it had a population density of 7003363150000000000♠3,631.5 people/km2 in 2012.[6][7]
Residential development[edit]
According to the 2001 federal census, approximately half (55.8%) of the residences in the neighbourhood were constructed during the 1980s. Another 41.9% of the residences were built during the 1990s. However, development of the neighbourhood is still ongoing, and in 2007, the neighbourhood description in the City of Edmonton Map Utility indicated 60% of the neighbourhood land area was still undeveloped.[9]
The most common type of residence in the neighbourhood, according to the 2005 municipal census, is the single-family dwelling. These accounted for nine out of ten (93%) of the residences in the neibhbourhood. The remaining residences are mostly duplexes[10] (7%) along with a couple of row houses. Virtually all of the residences (97%) were owne
인천오피